Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Camp Kaitawa

Hi my name is Caitlin and this is a blog post on camp Kaitawa.
Monday 13th March
We left school at about 9:15... 2:30 hours later we break down. We sat stranded on the side of the road until two campers stopped to help us jump start the van.  45 minutes later we arrived at camp. The first thing we do is get used to our surroundings and then we headed off to Lake Whero whero to go on the kayaks.  It was my first time going in a triple kayak.  I went in it with Jessica and Bailee in a triple kayak, there are two people with  paddles and one just relaxing.and just as we were getting in time with each other, Miss Hill dared Bailee and I to stand up and paddle without falling in.  After that I was pretty tired, but there is more to come, at about 8:30 we set off in the vans to go up to Lou's lookout.  When my group was coming down from the top, Miss Hill said move to the left because her group needed to get up and just as we started moving Jack fell down a big hole.

Tuesday 14th March
I slowly awoke to the peaceful sound of birds chirping, got out of bed and made my way to the dining room but it was not peaceful at all.  Rebekah and I sat down and drank some Milo and then we jumped out of the chair and then raced to the handball court that Mrs Miller made with masking tape.  After getting ready, we went straight to the confidence course. The confidence course is when there are a range of  challenging activities mixed into a race.  First we bunny hopped over two logs then we ran to the monkey bars.  Next up we had a choice to go over a high wall or a low wall (that was a bit challenging for me but I did not give up) moving on to the rocking log that was also a bit hard because every time you took a step the log would wobble for me.   The cargo net was the most fun because we got to flip over it.  Last but not least was the wire bridge, it was the most challenging part for me. After the confidence course we  hiked to a lake called Lake Waikareti, when we arrived at the top, a few kids went into the water and since the water was so freezing Miss Hill made up a challenge that we had stay shoulders under for 40 seconds and if we did we got a chocolate.  Oh the name of this challenge you ask? Well it is called the stupid challenge.  Sleeping that night was easy because I could look forward to Masterchef tomorrow.

Wednesday 15th March
Excitement was in the air because Masterchef was coming up in an hour or two.A few hours later Miss Hill calls us into the dining room. Get into your duty groups and then you may begin! My duty group was blue, the dish that all of the groups had to cook first was pancakes.  Ours did not turn out so well  because the batter was a bit too thin.  They were still really yummy.even though we only scored 5 points.  We did a lot better when we made mashed mince, noodles and potato chips.  Down at the stream by Micheal Noonans grave was great fun because we got jump over the stream.  Even though that wasn't very successful, it was the bit that made it fun.

Thursday 16th March
This was the most exiting day for me because we were getting ready to go caving.   "Check," I said as Rebekah and I put our Beanies on our heads.  In the forest were the caves, they were scattered but that did not stop us.  The most interesting thing that I saw when we were caving was a weta.  The weta almost looked like it was the size of my hand.  As I lay in bed that night I was kind of sad because it was our last night at Camp Kaitawa.

Friday 17th March
Goodbye Camp Kitawa I said in my head as the van moved further away from camp, but on the bright side I got to write the coolest blog post when I got back.





       





8 comments:

  1. great job Caitlin you really put a lot of work into your camp blog post I like it when you talked about the kayaks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work Catlin, You must have had a great time at camp because your writing is so good! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog post Caitlin, You must of had a fabulous time at camp because you described what you did so well. Nice piece of writing Caitlin!. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you said goodbye camp Kaitawa in your head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Caitlin do you remember when we did a photo bomb into the water at camp Kaitawa. It was really soggy under my shoes. Remember when we were floating on the water .it was very funny when Sam mum full in to the water with the dry toilet paper. It made it really soggy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Caitlin, It sounds like you had a great time at camp. It was kind of fun breaking down. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Caitlin!

    Star:I really like how much detail you put in.
    Star:I also really like how you put in the times and the dates for every paragraph
    Wish:My wish is that you could explain about some other things that happened in the van but other than that there are no more wish's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture of you Bailee and Rebekah it looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete